Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Herbert


Shia LaBeouf is known by many as a child star on the Disney show Even Stevens, but he had another role during that time on Freaks and Geeks. LaBeouf played Herbert, an injured mascot that needed a replacement. Herbert broke his arm while performing during lunch and Sam takes over as the mascot. Herbert tries to give tips to being the mascot and is really intense about being a mascot, but Neil thinks that he is an awful mascot and unfunny. 


With his role is Freaks and Geeks, LaBeouf worked on many other projects in his childhood. He started stand-up comedy routines when he was just ten years old. He starred on Even Stevens for three years which earned him a Daytime Emmy Award and performed in The Even Stevens Movie. He also had a starring role in the movie Holes. 


Since Freaks and Geeks Shia LaBeouf has risen out of childhood actor to movie star. His big career debut was in Disturbia, a suspense thriller. His biggest role has been as Sam Witwicky is the Transformers series. He starred in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with mixed reviews. He even admits that his work on the film was not up to par. 

Shia Labeouf has risen from the ashes of childhood star, which is admirable, whether or not his roles are horrendous. 



 Wikipedia: Shia LaBeouf http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_LaBeouf


2 comments:

  1. That last picture of him is pretty creepy. I love Herbert's character on Freaks and Geeks, it definitely shows how, like you said, he started very early in comedy. Interesting how he now only sticks to action movies. Holes is also a wonderful movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So until reading this post I had never even heard of Freaks and Geeks, but I definitely remember watching Even Stevens when I was little. Honestly I wish I would have known about this show a long time ago so I could really know what it's about because I really like Shia LaBeouf. The Transformer movies and G.I. Joe are my favorites. I really liked this post Haylee.

    ReplyDelete